Re: "To the liberal "chrisitans"..."

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."
-- Apostle Paul, 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 (ESV)

I would say it is a safe bet that if you are reading this note, you also read my note I posted earlier in the week entitled To the liberal "christians"... You may read it if you wish still though... but basically I expressed extreme dismay that many who wear the title of Evangelical Christian are backing a candidate who supports the slaughter of the unborn-- whether they support Hillary or Obama. I am aware some of these individuals say testify to be against abortion themselves, but back either candidate for reasons of health care or welfare (neither of which were issues that plagued the minds of the founding fathers who, umm, founded this nation though) or even because they think either the War on Terror or the War in Iraq (to stabilize the government so they do not fall into the hands of another dictator in the near future) is a waste of American lives and money.

I adamantly disagree. I believe we should have compassion for the poor and downtrodden. I do not think welfare is the answer-- there are too many people living off of it and other government programs that otherwise could work for a living. Notice I did not say that ALL who are on welfare do this. However it is a large number. I also stand by my views that the wars we are currently involved with in the Middle East are justified. I do not want another 9/11 to happen. And yes... the troop surge has been working. The media however fails to report this because ... then they would have to admit the Bush Admin was right. And so they would rather focus on the Democrat's candidacy battle (as fun as that is).

HAVING SAID ALL THAT...

I do recognize now, after much thought and consideration, I came across as very harsh, abrasive, and even unloving in that original note. This was wrong of me, and I repent. I am not backing down on my positions. I am arguably one of the most politically conservative Christians probably you will know.

For me, the litmus test on whether I will even CONSIDER a candidate running for any political office is his stance on the life issue: Is he Pro-Life? Does he hate abortion and support the Pro-Life cause? Does he have a disdain for the slaughter of babies, and does he hope to see such an injustice someday be made illegal? Unless the answers to these questions are a "YES!", I would not even consider voting for such an individual. God HATES abortion. He hates it. If not, then he was kidding about that "Do Not Murder" thing in his moral law (aka The Ten Commandments). Unless I can see eye to eye with any given candidate on this important issue, I cannot support his bid for the presidency, congress, or any other public office.

I recognize there are some who will disagree with me. And you know what? I am sure you are very wrong.

Still, I may have.... and am pretty confident that I did... come across as too harsh in that original note. I could have faith that moves mountains... and understand all knowledge and mysteries. But if I have no love, all that is worth nothing. We are to speak truth in love. This does not mean I should back down from the TRUTH part, nor should I abandon the LOVE part. The two must go together.

Being loving and showing said love to others is something I am really struggling with. Even when I am right in theology or doctrine... if is said without love, it is not worth much. I do not back down from my POSITIONS stated in that note... only how these positions were portrayed in such an abrasive manner.

Please be in prayer for me, that I may grow so I not only convey theological truth... but do so in a loving manner. I should not focus on only what I say... but how I say it. If I offended you in the manner I said what I said, I apologize. I will try to now speak the truth AND do it in a loving manner.

<><

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith + Works of the Law = Severed from Christ (A look @ Galatians 5, its meaning in context, and how the TNIV/NIV muddies the meanings yet again)

Thought Police Strike Again...

Mere Arminianism – Free Will, Predestination, and CS Lewis – Part One