Response to an attack on the Holy Trinity

This was a post I found in a Christian Myspace group tonight. I was tired when I saw it, but I could not let this guy (who i discovered after-the-fact was a Mormon) blaspheme against the Holy Trinity unopposed. No one had yet responded to his comment. This is what I was able to come up with... I pray it does some good.


<><
Posted:
Jul 11, 2007 10:35 PM


Peter wrote:
The true trinity is 3 as 1, not 1 as 3.

Jesus is not God, he is the son of God, which means they are two totally different individuals.

Until you come to grips with this then you do not really know who God or Jesus Christ really is in your life or who you are in the greater scope of life.



John 1:1-4, 14 (ESV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. ... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:57-59 (ESV)
So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

John 10:30 (ESV)
"[Jesus answered the Jews, ] I and the Father are one."

John 14:9-11 (ESV)
Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves."


Jesus is the son of God. he is also God. He is NOT the Father... but he is God. Look again at John 8:57-59. Jesus says "before Abraham was, I am." why would he say that? check out Exodus 3:13-14 man... when Moses asks what he should tell the Israelites what God's name is, God replies to Moses: "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you'." And if this WAS NOT the meaning of what Jesus said... the Jews standing around would have no reason to stone him. But they did, as they recognized he was claiming to be God!

The Holy Trinity is made up of the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. Glory to them-- three in one.


Currently listening :
The Beautiful Letdown
By Switchfoot
Release date: 22 June, 2004

Comments

  1. Lame argument... Its like the greatest BS story ever told... Some invisible guy lives in the clouds and gives us a list of what not to do...? Then the supposed forgiving God damns us to hell if we dont follow his law? So, do you repent every time you see a pretty girl and think dirty thoughts? Is this the greatest fairy tale ever told? Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anony:
    It is a little saddening to hear you think the truth of the gospel is "the greatest BS story ever told," but not unexpected.

    1 Corinthians 1:20-25 (ESV)
    Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the great debater of this age? Has God made foolish the wisdom of the world? for since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe. For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. for the foolishness of God is stronger than men.

    The good news of Christ... that, though we are vile wretched sinners deserving of Hell, he became the God-man and being as a perfect spotless lamb he willingly laid down his life as the sacrifice necessary to atone for sin, that men by the grace of God through faith would have relationship with him and be saved from the coming wrath... that is foolishness to the unbeliever, surely.

    "But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; god chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God" (1 Corinthians 1:28-29).

    I do place my trust and faith in the Word of God and its truth. This faith however is not merely based on experience as some Charismaniacs or other cultic Mormon churches or whatnot. There is historic evidence that too supports the Word. The Bible stands up against the strictest scrutiny as the Word of God. Jesus' words are true and God is no liar.

    To answer your question, I do repent of any adulterous though I have... or any other sinful action I commit. How can I not repent?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith + Works of the Law = Severed from Christ (A look @ Galatians 5, its meaning in context, and how the TNIV/NIV muddies the meanings yet again)

Thought Police Strike Again...

Mere Arminianism – Free Will, Predestination, and CS Lewis – Part One